- 22-23 California Healthy Kids Survey
- Community Service
- Health Services
- LGBTQ+ Resources and Support
- Student Handbook (English)
- Student Handbook (Spanish)
- Student Photos
- Student Records
- Student Services
- Tech Resources
- STOPit- Stop Bullying
- Wellness Services
- Work Permit Form
- College Information
- Access Program (College and Career Center)
- Cabrillo College / AHS Dual Enrollment
- Instructions for Cabrillo Dual Enrollment eForm
- Request Transcript
- College Entrance Exams
- Course Catalog
- Credit Recovery in PVUSD
- California Scholarship Federation (CSF)
- California State Seal of Biliteracy
- Financial Aid
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Grade Point Average & Rank
- Naviance Login
- General Information
Counselors are assigned by student's last name, all grades 9-12
A - Fo = Mrs. Kristin Fox Ext 5280 Kristin_Fox@pvusd.net (Department Chair)
Fr - Mc = Mr. John Mason Ext 5283 John_Mason@pvusd.net
Me - Pl = Mrs. Maureen Brandi* Ext 5285 Maureen_Brandi@pvusd.net
Po - Z = Mrs. Kristen Barrett Ext 5144 Kristen_Barrett@pvusd.net
Ms. Rachael Jones Ext 5178 Rachael_Jones@pvusd.net (Assistant Principal)
*Me-Pl counselor is part-time
Need help staying organized? Check out the link! You can make a copy and/or print to help you stay on top of your assignments throughout the week!
Cabrillo College Dual Enrollment
Here is some helpful information regarding dual enrollment at Cabrillo College. Please see separate tab for the dual enrollment web page!
Cabrillo Handbook Link HERE
Socio-Emotional Counselor = Ms. Christina Souza
Ext 5106 email@example.com (currently out)
Quick link to Student/Family Resources here\
COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER
CTE Counselor - Ms. Sandi Solis-Maldonado 831-245-3511 firstname.lastname@example.org*
Scholarship Counselor - Ms. Nicole Morasca 831-508-8733 email@example.com*
Migrant Teacher - Mr. Oswaldo Contreras 831-406-1568 firstname.lastname@example.org*
College Facilitator, Lead - Mario Castillo email@example.com
College Facilitator- Anahi Alcibar 831-461-4766 firstname.lastname@example.org
*Part-time at AHS
Q: How do students and parents/guardians make an appointment with a student's counselor?
Students can fill out a yellow form in the main office to request an appointment, or they can drop in! Student can always email their counselor for a quick response.
***If a parent would like to request a meeting please email your students counselor!
The professional practice of the AHS Counseling Department reflects Aptos High School's Goals. Information for students and families is provided by classroom presentations, student conferences, evening events, and more. Aptos High School Counselors collaborate with students and families with focus and intention to support student success and well-being.
Aptos High School - School Goals
- Goal 1: Increase the percentage of students who graduate college and career ready.
- Goal 2: Provide students with Common Core State Standards-aligned instruction and assessments.
- Goal 3: Maintain a safe educational and social-emotional environment that fosters a caring community where students feel connected to and supported by peers and adults.
AHS Counseling Department Vision Statement
Aptos High School students will achieve academic, career, and personal goals, to make positive contributions to the community and the global society.
AHS Counseling Department Mission Statement
The school counseling program at Aptos High School empowers all students to achieve their highest potential, prepared to meet their college and career goals to make positive contributions to the community and the global society. The school counseling team delivers a comprehensive, data-driven program for all students to gain the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for academic success, career exploration, and personal development. The school counseling department partners with other educators and stakeholders to advocate for equity, access, and success for all students.
Aptos High School Counseling Program Basics
- Develop courses of study based on student post-high school goals with an emphasis on college and career.
- Monitor progress toward graduation and provide intervention meetings for students and families as needed.
- Assistance and advocacy with college and career exploration, planning, applications and financial aid using Naviance.