skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Where is the best place to get information about the school?
A: The AHS homepage and refer to the Mariner Handbook under the tab "Students"
Q: How do I make an appointment with my counselor?
A: Fill out an appointment request form and put it in the tray on your counselor’s door. Your counselor will send you a pass to class for your appointment.
Q: Where can I get academic support and tutoring on campus?
A: There are two options: 
  • Extended Learning- in the library after school on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays from 3-5pm and Wednesdays from 1-3pm. AHS staff are available to tutor in many subjects;  just sign in and ask for help! 
  • College and Career Center- Every day, Mondays through Fridays from 7:30am - 5pm with college interns available to tutor in many subjects; just sign in and ask for help!
Q: How do I clear an absence?
A: Parent/guardian must call the Attendance Specialist at (831) 728-7832  English ext. 5291 and Spanish ext. 5191
Q: How do I get a student ID card if I am new to AHS?
A: See the Registrar in the main office.
Q. How do I buy food in the cafeteria?
Parent/guardian can pay in person at the district office or accounts can be set up online on the PVUSD Foods and Nutrient Services website
Q How do I get a bus pass?
A: See the Fiscal Clerk on campus to get a bus pass slip, complete and return with $25.00
Q: How do I find out which bus route to ride to school/home:
A: Contact (831) 728-6324 For more information.
Q: When do buses leave after school?
A: Right after school and the late bus leaves 3:15pm on Wednesdays and 5:30 on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
Q: How do I get a parking pass?
A: See the Office Manager in the main office (window to the left of the curved desk)
Q: How do I get a work permit?
Look for the application on the wall in the main office (to the left of the curved desk). Complete and submit to office staff in the front of the main office.
Q: How do I join sports or clubs? 
A: Visit the AHS Athletics and Activities webpages. Or see the Athletic Director for sports and the Activities Director for clubs. 
Q: How do I buy Mariner Wear?
A: Contact AHS Boosters for how and when to buy merchandise
Q: Are there lockers?
A: Lockers are only available in the locker rooms for use in PE. The PE teachers will assign these to students.
Q: Who should I see if I have more questions?
A: Your counselor, teachers, administrators, office staff or fellow Mariners!