PARKING AT APTOS HIGH SCHOOL
As a result of our continued concern for the safety of our students, staff and community, Aptos High School will continue to implement parking enforcement in an attempt to create equity for all students and visitors who drive to campus.
- Once again we are allowing sophomores to park on campus during the 2012-2013 school years. Any student who can show his/her valid drivers license, registration, and valid proof of insurance will be allowed to purchase a parking pass (as long as there are no outstanding issues related to attendance and or discipline.)
- Signage has been improved around campus to clarify areas permitted for and prohibited from parking.
- The parking permit fee will remain at $25 and will be sold on a first come basis. Permits are currently on sale and are limited to a total of 350 available permits! (Please make your check out for the exact amount or have the exact cash amount for your parking permit.).
- Warnings for Parking violations will be administered during the week of August 20th through the 24th.Ticketing will begin on Monday, August 27th 2012.
- There will be one parking pass for ALL students. This means that the sooner a student gets to campus, the better spot he/she will get…no more senior parking lot. Parkimg permits must be affixed to the vehicle (not taped on). Tickets will be issued for permits not affixed to the vehicle
- AHS will continue to utilize the services of a private company to enforce the parking tickets here at AHS. This means that when a parking ticket is issued, it will be sent to this company who works directly with the DMV.
- They will monitor the ticket and issue fines for tickets that are not paid in a set amount of time. Should someone decide not to pay the ticket, it will be placed on the car registration; the ticket and the late fees accompanying the ticket will need to be paid PRIOR to the car being registered.